If you never realize how already valued, accepted, and loved you are by your Father, you will constantly look for it from other people.
You will constantly think and wonder why, “nobody loves me”, “my needs aren’t getting met”, “this church isn’t loving”, “my parent’s don’t value me”, “nobody cares”, and on and on.
You’ll pursue relationships for what you can get rather than what you can give. In fact, you won’t even give unless you are sure you can get it back. You’ll treat people based on how much they value you, rather than how much value you can give them.
You’ll get your sense of significance from the opinion everybody around you so you end up laying down your life to please each opinion to the point where you no longer even have an identity because you’ve allowed 50 people to define you.
And then you basically end up making people your “lord” because you’ve given your life to please them and cater to their opinions.
That’s what happens when you allow people define your worth, when you allow a man’s voice to determine your significance… you’ll constantly live in fear as to whether you’ll be accepted or not.
That’s what happens when you don’t know how already valued, accepted, and loved you are by your Father.
You have to understand that He paid a price… and He believed that what He was buying was worth the price. He sees value in you, you are significant in His eyes, but if you don’t believe it, then you’ll always be craving the attention and approval from a boyfriend/girlfriend, from parents, from leaders, and you’ll never feel like you “measure up” unless you hear it from someone.
Hear from God.
“You are my beloved. In YOU I am well pleased.”
Don’t believe the other lies.
Don’t sell yourself short.
Don’t base your worth on what others have said.
Don’t get your identity from your past failures or shortcomings.
You are not the summation of everyone else’s opinion.
You were made in the image of God, formed into a glorious creation, you are His masterpiece, He has called to to a royal priesthood.
The King of Kings has called YOU His temple.
You can boldly approach Him.
To believe any less is to believe a lie.
Do not let any opinion influence you more than the opinion of the one Who made you.
- hopehasaname likes this
- becomingmorelikechrist reblogged this from whizzpopping
- lovebkjoy reblogged this from whizzpopping
- brassman42 reblogged this from whizzpopping and added:
- brassman42 likes this
- la-frenesie reblogged this from jwhoaaa and added:
- becomingmorelikechrist likes this
- taintedthought reblogged this from whizzpopping
- kiwiperth likes this
- yourinfinitegrace reblogged this from whizzpopping
- yourinfinitegrace likes this
- joyjoyjoyce reblogged this from jwhoaaa
- joyjoyjoyce likes this
- jules-anne likes this
- mudkipachoo likes this
- myvoicewillbeheardtodayy reblogged this from samwinkillerpenis
- samwinkillerpenis reblogged this from lindseyey
- samwinkillerpenis likes this
- lindseyey reblogged this from whizzpopping
- 2corfive21 likes this
- lindseyey likes this
- dinykim likes this
- hellodawn likes this
- logiebear1214 likes this
- greenotion likes this
- clarachao likes this
- inroyalsteps likes this
- jknp reblogged this from whizzpopping
- strategos likes this
- joannacai likes this
- everydaylizz reblogged this from favoredgrace
- composeme reblogged this from jwhoaaa
- yupitsjackie reblogged this from whizzpopping
- yupitsjackie likes this
- unifiedwithchrist reblogged this from whizzpopping
- thenerdbeans reblogged this from foreverfavored
- foreverfavored reblogged this from thekingdomwithin
- heyheynow reblogged this from favoredgrace
- jwhoaaa reblogged this from whizzpopping
- theelandbeforetime likes this
- chrstnekm likes this
- californian-hearts likes this
- ashieldaroundme reblogged this from whizzpopping
- ludz reblogged this from whizzpopping
- thekingdomwithin reblogged this from whizzpopping and added:
- yaywaffles reblogged this from whizzpopping
- favoredgrace reblogged this from whizzpopping and added:
- lovebkjoy likes this
- zachzurn likes this
- rex-amat reblogged this from whizzpopping