You know you love someone when all you want to do is express love towards them without expecting anything back.
When you ‘love’ someone in order to get a response, that’s called manipulation.
Love is not talk. It is expressed in action (1 John 3:18). But I’m not saying, “Hey if you love so-and-so, prove it,” I’m saying, “The evidence of love is in its action.”
No greater love than one who lays his life down for his friends… (John 15:13)
You know you love when you have no personal agenda other than to freely express love to another.
There is a corrupt, twisted and perverted love that says, “if you love me, you will do this for me.” It says, “I only love you based on what you can do for me.” It says, “I only love you because you’ve told me that you love me.”
This twisted love is only in a relationship for “what I can get.”
True love wants to be in a relationship for “what I can give.”
The object of affection never determines true love’s ability to love.
Love unconditionally forgives because it has chosen to always fully and freely express itself regardless how the other person behaves.
Love doesn’t love because someone deserves it, love loves because love loves.
God. is. love.
God is not the author of this twisted love.
God expects nothing of you.
His only agenda is to express love towards you.
God’s love is not in word, but in action.
God demonstrated to the WORLD “no greater love”
God has no hidden agenda in His love for you other than to freely express His love toward you.
God doesn’t say, “My love for you changes based on how you love me.”
God’s not in this for what you can give Him.
God’s in this for what He wants to give you. “For God so loved… He GAVE”
God never holds your sins or actions against you because He has chosen to always freely and fully express love towards you regardless of how you behave. (Luke 15:21-23)
God doesn’t love you because you deserve it. God loves you because God is love.
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
If this doesn’t change you, I don’t know what will.
Jesus said. Love your enemies (Matt 5:44)
Jesus said. Love, as I have loved you. (John 13:34, John 15:12)
The only way the world will be rocked by the love of God is when YOU. demonstrate. the. same. love. to. them.
- chasing-fireflies15 reblogged this from thelightinthedarknight
- thelightinthedarknight reblogged this from whizzpopping
- picturesaywhat reblogged this from pistachiosandalmonds
- sarahsyndrome likes this
- itsmellspurple likes this
- memoirsofmycuriouslife likes this
- sowrongbutsowrite likes this
- mrscaseyknight reblogged this from whizzpopping and added:
- mrscaseyknight likes this
- eatkimchi likes this
- m1cd likes this
- hadassah-means-esther likes this
- pistachiosandalmonds reblogged this from whizzpopping
- iwanttobethemoon likes this
- ppppek reblogged this from standingandcommanding
- callieswagtothemax likes this
- thinksimplicity likes this
- heartofglory21 reblogged this from standingandcommanding
- carissadiehard likes this
- standingandcommanding reblogged this from whizzpopping
- deucedianuh reblogged this from lovehungry
- awewakemysoul likes this
- chkbyul2 reblogged this from iamrevival
- angiesooknotsuck likes this
- lovehungry reblogged this from iamrevival
- lovehungry likes this
- dreamer14 likes this
- rex-amat likes this
- faithlikemustard likes this
- supaaznninga likes this
- hanyloves likes this
- iamrevival reblogged this from omgitzj0n0
- agapeistruelove likes this
- justdia likes this
- empressoflions likes this
- dannyryu reblogged this from omgitzj0n0 and added:
- rachelvirginia likes this
- omgitzj0n0 reblogged this from whizzpopping and added:
- lindseyey likes this
- dearcreation said: ROCK ON.
- dearcreation likes this
- whizzpopping posted this